Alongside working as a contemporary maker, specialising in jewellery and related product design, Sara is also a jewellery and silversmithing lecturer at Liverpool Hope University on its Bachelor of Design Course alongside tutoring on the MA by Creative Practice course.
In her role as Gallery owner, she represents over seventy other established and emerging designer makers from cross disciplines within the Craft and Fine Art Photography sector, her gallery has recently been championed by Visit Britain as a cultural reason to visit the UK.
She now also exhibits regularly in Munich Germany at Europe's top jewellery trade event: Inhorgenta, she also exports her jewellery to several galleries in Ireland and Canada and Holland.
Membership of Professional Bodies, Subject Associations
- 2011-present Member of Association of Contemporary Jewellers
- 2009-present Mentor for participants on Design Space a creative business incubation group
- 2005-present a member of Visual for Business a selected group of creative's working in partnership with Arts & Business
- 2006/7 Steering Group advisor to Brilliantly Birmingham
- 2004-2008 member of Centrepiece, Birmingham contemporary jewellers group
Professional Experience, Activities and Achievements
- 2011 Panellist for Brilliantly Birmingham Ethics on Jewellery debate and forum
- 2010 Judge and award panellist to Brilliantly Birmingham (jewellery festival) selecting for their Award of Excellence
- 2005 Judge and critical advisor to Nestor Awards to the Creative Industries